Hosted Exchange vs Office 365
Hosted Exchange or Microsoft Office 365
It's likely that organisations in Hampshire without their own in-house technical resources will opt for Microsoft Office 365. It's a great choice which allows the seamless use of Microsoft email services with high-availability for all users no matter where they are - in the office, at home, one the road, even when overeas. However, there are still a number of organisations who wish to opt for the separate Microsoft Exchange application to manage their email. Which one is right for you?
If you are asking this question, then it is likely that Microsoft Office 365 is the option that you will end up going for. For small to medium businesses, the cost of Microsoft Exchange will probably be more than double the cost of Office 365. However, if you are the IT manager of a larger organisation, with hundreds of email users, then hosted Exchange can provide some customisations that suit your way of working.
Some of the Pros and Cons of each system ...
There are pros and cons for each of the services, which may influence your choice:
- Office 365 offers a large 50GB mailbox size per person. This is generally larger than most hosting companies.
- There are lots of different versions of Office 365 - you'll need to make sure you choose the right one
- If you elect to purchase the Office365 Plan 2 or E3 package, each person will get an unlimited email archive.
- Hosted Exchange often limits the size of email boxes - the limits are set by the administrator, but can be set to as high as required depending on your hosting contract
- Office 365 includes additional security certifications and compliances. A hosted Exchange service will need additional 3rd party products to achieve the same level
- With hosted Exchange, you know exactly where your data is being stored. However, this doesn't mean your data is any more or less secure.
- With hosted Exchange, you'll need to purchase a copy of Microsoft Office for every user - and keep them up-to-date.
Hosted Exchange Southampton Hampshire
If you need to upgrade you IT system and are considering Microsoft Office 365 or Hosted Exchange, then speak to BTP. We have qualified engineers and consultants who can assess your needs and make sure your IT system is right for you. Call us now on 02380 652111. We'll be pleased to help.